Thursday, August 26, 2010

Job Adventure: Part Deux - The Wrath Of Khan

Today I found a job on Craigslist that I was very interested in... and it was only 2 blocks from my home! Because I'm fairly ill prepared for this adventure (like most things I jump feet first into), I began to have second thoughts about whether or not I should waste my time since I didn't have a resumè to present... or a phone number to contact me at... or any employer in my past I would want to rely on for a new job... not that they would represent me poorly, but if I wanted a job where the jobs I'd previously left were of any relevance, I probably would have stayed where I was. I'm not trying to climb anybodies ladder but my own, thank you very much! And here is the proof: because I didn't want to leave this prospective employer with nothing to remember me by... and seem like I was just some flake without a resumè... which I am far from... I strode up the alley to the back entrance of the establishment, walked in, then presented the interviewer with this little gem that I unfolded from my back pocket. I go back Monday to see him again.


Day 2, Lesson 2: People can feel inside that the path our culture's socio-economic evolution is careening along is tainted and sick... and although they may not know if they can trust their personal futures on someone as ready and willing as I am to thumb my nose at a system that gives my soul the shits... they sure do brighten up when they realize that at least someone is out there holding it down... at least that's what I got out of it anyway... I was pretty high. For all I know, I spent the afternoon passed out in the ice cream freezer at 7-Eleven...

p

No comments:

Post a Comment