Monday, August 31, 2009

You Blink When You Breathe And You Breathe When You Lie. You Blink When You Lie.

Honestly, the life of a Man About Town such as myself can be a tiresome and time consuming venture. I've been so busy partying, socializing, mixing it up, if you will (by which I mean getting wasted and picking up girls almost half my age... What? Don't turn jealousy into hate. I'll treat her well... and if not her, probably her mom... and if I have my way, both!) that I haven't had the time to uphold more serious responsibilities (like getting wasted and doing movie reviews for you ingrates).

So, dear reader, though I'd love to be slobbering opinion about a movie I probably won't remember in the morning, I have a special treat for you: Today I'm going to slobber opinion about a new album I've recently started rocking that's pretty much kicking the shit out of me harder than a fire hose enema!

The craftsmen (and woman) behind this masterpiece of pummeling poop projection perfection is the recently assembled band 'The Dead Weather'

Forming in Nashville in March of 2009, the band wrote and recorded the impromptu album, 'Horehound' that was released the following July and debuted at number 6 on the Billboard charts largely based on the unique and talented members that pulled together from their already successful projects. The who's who of this superstar lineup includes Alison Mosshart of The Kills, Dean Fertita of Queens Of The Stone Age, Jack Lawrence of the Raconteurs, and Jack White of The White Stripes. Together this band has spewed forth a rocking, seething, hard hitting assembly of filthy-dirty tracks (with more fuzz than a women's prison) that hit with a fresh vitality reminiscent of the power displayed in Rage Against The Machine's debut CD way back when. Yeah.... that kind of hard hitting...

If you like good music... and, let's face it, if you're reading this blog, you're clearly an intelligent, classy and compassionate individual who's ensconced themselves in culture and worldly cares and therefore hasn't got enough common sense to realize I would steal your wallet from your pants pocket by reaching under the public toilet stall just so I could get the 9 piece nuggets instead of the 6... and women, I'm talking to you... then you'd probably listen to the recorded sounds of wolverine intercourse if I told you it was hip... which I wouldn't because "hipsters" have stolen what was "hip" about the word "hip" (apparently "douchebag" didn't sound as good) but I digress... seriously... what the hell was I talking about??? I heart Vicodin! (just kidding! relax! I meant Tylenol with Codeine... number 4's!) Oh yeah! The Dead Weather! Damn! Bad Ass band! Here's a video. It's BAD ASS TOO!!! seriously one of the most kinetic videos I've seen since Duran Duran's 'Wild Boys'... except it's nothing like that........ watch it. Buy the CD. Tell me I was right (or tell me I was wrong... and I'll introduce you to the back of my hand!)

p

No comments:

Post a Comment