Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Holy Crap! Enter Shikari!!!

Wow. Just... wow.

Maybe I'm behind the times, maybe I'm cutting edge... who knows? Awwwww..... thanks :) Anyway... I'm sorry to say I don't have anything funny to say today... but duty calls and I feel it's my duty to tell you that duty called to tell... me... whoa... are you feeling dizzy? No? You're not doing whippets too? See, mom! I told you it was just us!

Anyway... I just stumbled onto the most amazing thing: toothpaste! And a band called Enter Shikari.

Formed in 2003 in St. Albans, England, Enter Shikari has released two albums - 2007's 'Take to the Skies' and 2009's 'Common Dreads'... both while shrugging off heavy pursuit from major labels to do it all themselves... and all I can really say is, Holy Crap! (I know, I could have said more. Maybe something like "soaring" or "bombastic" or "powerful" or "compelling" or "heavy" or "poppy" or "like nothing you've EVER heard before and it's about DAMN TIME it's here!!!") but Holy Crap kinda sums it up too. Seriously, though... all adjectives aside, it really is kind of blowing my mind what's been done.

Combining elements of Brit Pop and Hardcore, with an Electronic pulse (and even a jazzy flair here and there)... simply refered to as "Post Hardcore"... it truly is all those adjectives and then some. So... check them out. Also, they are on tour in North America early this year with a great lineup of bands... and I'm telling you... you're gonna want to be the one that says, "I saw them when..."

Here's a couple of videos... I suggest watching them both to get a rounder feel because their stuff is unique... then play them both again... then buy the album and destroy your eardrums with some good earphones... then you'll be thanking me... and that, kids, is a Thirty4Point5 guarantee!!! no... wait... that was just the whippets talking... MOM!!! We're out of CO2!!!







word!
p

No comments:

Post a Comment