Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Advance Screening: Hunger (I hope it's not inappropriate to stuff my face with popcorn...)

Well folks, tonight I'm off to the advance screening of Steve McQueen's 'Hunger.' Although it's highly unlikely (meaning highly probable) that this will be round two for Totally Wasted Movie Reviews, I'm still looking forward to getting my film on (that's cool guy talk for watching a movie. Hollywood, readers, it's where I spent a chunk of my youth... right down the street from good ol' Charles Bukowski... which might explain why I do Totally Wasted Movie Reviews. Awwwwww... Chuck is probably shedding a tear right now... that is, he would... if his tear ducts hadn't decomposed post-mortem).

Anyhoo.... here's the plot summary from imdb

Hunger follows life in the Maze Prison, Northern Ireland with an interpretation of the highly emotive events surrounding the 1981 IRA Hunger Strike, led by Bobby Sands. With an epic eye for detail, the film provides a timely exploration of what happens when body and mind are pushed to the uttermost limit. Written by Icon

Look for my review later tonight... or tomorrow... depending on whether or not I stumble home to my bed... or yours (my pass is for two, ladies!). Word!

p

Until then... check out the trailer... it looks all kinds of heavy and amazing:

No comments:

Post a Comment