Tuesday, September 8, 2009

T4P5 Vs. Winestock

Take note people: If you ever want to hang out, and really, who doesn't (and, no, I don't mean going commando with your fly open... though, really, I'm sure I'm not the only one who prefers it that way... right?), then tell me you want to take a float plane to a small island, camp at a secluded winery on a cliff with access to a private cove for three days, see great live music, eat awesome barbecue and drink our faces off... and I'll be balls deep in that quicker than you can say "Mr. Ashworth? I'm Fred Wilmington from Wilmington, Barret and Haas Service and Procedures Incorporated. With acceptance of this document you have been officially served notice by Her Majesty's Highest Court and the Good People of Great Britain, that you will no longer be permitted to step foot on the shores of England until such time as you have apologized to Kate Beckinsale for the dirty, dirty things you think about her every time a trailer for her new movie, Whiteout, is shown on television" (pfffftttt... I wasn't going to go back there anyway... right Katie? That's right. Now, go put on that little Pocahontas costume you wore in that Adam Sandler movie... yeah... that's the one)

Anyhow, that's pretty much how I spent this past weekend (I mean the winery thing, not the Kate Beckinsale thing).

Winestock is the annual event hosted on Pender Island by the fine and generous people at the Morning Bay Vineyard and Estate Winery. The event is focused around a live, outdoor music festival and a sampling of the wine made by Morning Bay. From top to bottom, the event was receptive, entertaining, beautiful and very relaxed. If you're ever looking for a great way to spend a Labour Day weekend, I would definitely look into this well organized and enjoyable event... plus, getting really, really blasted on excellent wine at reduced prices in the sunshine while stuffing your guts on grilled goodies and listening to the incredibly talented awesomeness of performers like Coco Love Alcorn (who really stood out with an exceptional performance... and I'm not just saying that because I was drunk and she was a female singing songs about bicycles and nerdy boys *swoon* though that didn't hurt...) isn't a bad way to spend a couple of days without a shower.

So... yeah. Besides a shout out to Spidey for hooking up the weekend, that's pretty much all I've got.



p

No comments:

Post a Comment