Friday, August 21, 2009

Thirty4Point5 Presents: Totally Wasted Movie Reviews - The Sub-Plot (AKA Dexter)

Always thirsty for entertainment, I've recently taken on the series 'Dexter' to see if it holds up to some of the amazing things I've seen come out of serialized drama in the past few years (i.e. Six Feet Under, Lost, Rome, True Blood, Generation Kill, Etc.) and I have been far from disappointed.

So, to warm up for tonight's Thirty4Point5 Presents: Totally Wasted Movie Reviews - The Last House On The Left, I've been watching the most recent (for me) episode of Dexter (which happens to be Season 2 Episode 2). And, WOW. This series hasn't let me down for a second... and, maybe it's the tequila (that I'm 10 shots into), or maybe it's true... but this has been one of the most focused episodes on everything that I've come to love about this series.

I did take some notes... but first, this commercial announcement...

As mentioned, tonight's tequila is Hornitos - Resposado from Sauza. As far as tequilas go, I've found it to be one of the smoothest, most floral tequilas I have tried. It goes down smooth from first taste to final palate and has an oddly fruity quality to it's flavour that makes the 15 plus shot count (so far) not seem like an exercise in tolerance...

Anyway, before I begin the official start of Totally Wasted Movie Reviews #3 - The Last House On The Left... here are some of the thoughts I've had about the incredibly enjoyable series, Dexter... as it's related to this episode and the series in general:

First... for a unique and uncharacteristically cast character, Dexter's sister Deb, played by actress Jennifer Carpenter, is so hot it hurts! She's very unique looking and pretty far outside the realm of typical Hollywood beauty, but damn is her character ever hot!!! I say "character" because maybe she's a twat in real life (I'm officially bringing back the word "twat"... isn't it great?)... either way... whether real or fiction, that girl is someone I just want to put my arms around and love... and do dirty, dirty things to...

Second... the characters are amazing in this series! I'm totally into each and every one of them. What a spectacular cast and equally well written characters!

The writing on this series is superb. I'm all about the one liners, and I've taken note on a couple that I'll post below...

"I'm not human"

"No. Just Fucked up"

Great!

"Where do I put Chino when I'm done with him?"

This line is officially BRUTAL because it so very casually exposes the monstrosity that is our Hero... but, to the credit of the writers, they stepped it up tenfold by making this the next line...

"So, this is the man that stands between me and Death Row"

Trust me... these lines are out of context... but borne of the weight of the first season, these lines are heavy-ass shit! The writing on this series is absolutely unbelievable! Though, I admit, I wasn't 100% sold at first... but once these characters become clear to you... it's a little staggering how well they're written...

Anyway... this episode knocked my socks off! Can't wait to get into the next one! But, for now, it's time to get the main event underway! Check back soon for some totally incoherent babble about the film, Last House On The Left...

Until then, Happy Drinking!

p

No comments:

Post a Comment